Monday, March 5, 2012

Author interview with Kenya Carlton/ Guest blog with Kenya's co-author Shon Bacon

We are joined today by two author's instead of just one, how lucky is that? Let's start off with an author interview with Kenya Carlton.

1. Do you ever find it hard writing the steamy scenes in your books?

Steamy scenes are actually the easiest for me to write. I recently read on Facebook where a
writer said she hated to write love scenes. A lot of creative energy goes into crafting a good sex
scene. I understand what she meant, but for me it’s a new location that’s the hardest part. A
bed is almost never an option.

2. Do you believe in love at first sight, or do you think people mistake it for lust?

Love at first sight. If you really knew me, you wouldn’t believe that’s what I thought, but when
your insides go to mush in zero to sixty, there’s a reason for it.

3. Do you have a certain routine you follow when you write?

No routine or schedule to my writing, I just put my head down and get to it. I do a Meer Kat
peek around every once in a while, but for the most part I have to scrap out some free time and
pound out the pages. Believe me plotting helps a lot.

4. What are your favorite genres to read when you have downtime?

My book fav’s are mysteries, paranormals, ghost stories, and romance. I’m starting to get into
chick-lit; some come off as corny, but with the right author they are really cute.

5. How did you get your start as an author? Was it something you always knew you wanted
to do?

I’m a Gemini. I want to do everything.

6. In your book, your main character isn’t looking forward to seeing people from high
school, do you feel the same?

In high school I hung with the quirky clique. We were this patchwork quilt of different races and
personalities. If someone from another clique had a falling out with their group, they would end
up at our lunch table until everything was cool again.

Our clique consisted of the closeted gay guy, the sarcastic girl with the family-owned funeral
home business, the edgy girl, the compassionate girl everyone went to with their problems, and
the aloof cheerleader.

Our one common thread was the need to get the hell out of high school. On graduation day
instead of crying and hugging everyone goodbye,we were deliriously happy that our prison
sentence was over and we had been sprung. These people I wouldn’t mind seeing again;
everyone else are beautiful just the way they are and even more beautiful staying exactly how I
remember them.

Thanks so much for answering my questions, it's fun to pick someone's brain. Now let's join Shon Bacon for her guest post.

It's common for an erotic, a sensual writer to get a question like the following: what does SEXY mean to
you?

I thought it would be cool to highlight what I think is sexy—basingthat sexiness off of songs that I love and
that ooze their own particular brands of sexy.

The song I want to talk about in this post is, for me, one of the sexiest songs out there, and if you are a
woman, the words just burn on you, sizzling their love and sexiness and heat.

What song is this?

"Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" – a1995 song written by Bryan Adams, Michael Kamen, and
Robert John "Mutt" Lange. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2KgzKETBw)

Why does this song ooze sexiness?

Let's go to the lyrics (provided by Sing365.com - http://goo.gl/Ur5RT).

To really love a woman
To understand her - you gotta know her deep inside
Hear every thought - see every dream
N' give her wings - if she wants to fly
Then when you find yourself lyin' helpless in her arms
You know you really love a woman

Sighs heavily

To really love a woman
Let her hold you -
till you know how she needs to be touched
You'vegotta breathe her - really taste her
Till you can feel her in your blood
N' when you can see your unborn children in her eyes
You know you really love a woman

Releases a few tears as a sob builds in
her chest

You got to give her some faith - hold her tight
A little tenderness - you gotta treat her right
She will be there for you, takin' good care of you
Ya really gotta love your woman...

I really do have to pull myself together to finish this post. I could easily rattle off body parts and attractive
qualities that might be sexy, but there is something muy sexy in UNDERSTANDING and using that
understanding to love a woman. It's nice to have someone be interested in you because you're beautiful.
It's a whole other level when the person is trying to understand what makes your entire being tick, what
makes you breathe, smile, cry, move. This song resonates that kind of sexiness for me. It makes me want

the man who understands and agrees with these lyrics. How can you not find sexy the loving of a woman
being equaled to holding her so that you can learn how to touch her in the way that she wants? How can
you not find sexy the seeing of unborn children in a woman's eyes? This is a pure wooing song. It is a
make you want to drop your panties and say, "Yes, it is YOU I want...Right.Now."

When I listen to this song, I feel it in my marrow. It's not just about swaying and saying at its
conclusion, "This is a good song." No, the sounds, the words, the rhythms all culminate into this soft,
sexy, passionate cocoon that smolders of sensuality. Listening to this song, I want to stand, dance, run my
fingers through my hair and imagine, imagine, imagine until that man arrives...for me. And for that man
to arrive and see me, "get" me, understand me and still want to stay and illustrate all the myriad of ways
in which he loves me and wants me forever. Yeah. That's sexy. That's the ultimate sexy.

Holds off even more tears

I couldn't embed the song, so unfortunately, you have to head to YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2KgzKETBw) to watch and listen, and I know many of you have already seen this video and
listen to this song, but I tell you what, just in writing this post, I listened to the song about five times
before I began writing, then listened while I wrote this, and will probably listen a few more times after
this is posted. It's a beautiful song, and I think it taps into the very heart of what women want. Having
someone understand that And want to fulfill that? SEXY--all day, every day.

You know what ELSE is SEXY?

UNDRESSED INC. featuring four strong, independent, beautiful women who have been through some
things but have not lost all hope in finding love. Authors Samara King, Embue, K. Carlton, and moi offer
you love affairs that are often dangerous, often scary, but always daring and sexy. Pick up your copy of
UNDRESSED INC. today!
http://www.amazon.com/UNDRESSED-INC-SK-MINIS-ebook/dp/B00677KE24/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1330756671&sr=1-1



Wow! Thanks so much ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment