Monday, March 26, 2012

Fate's Design by Lola James Review and Excerpt


Fate Series Book One

A summer vacation in Italy with her twin sister, Morgan, is just what Megan Romano
needs. But instead of fun, wine, and relaxation, she finds unexpected romance.
Alexandros DiPiero, a sexy and mysterious Italian businessman, falls for Megan the
minute he lays eyes on her, but Megan knows it’s too good to be true.

Increasingly haunting dreams that warn of danger and destiny plague Megan’s every
sleeping moment. As her nightmares become deadly and her love life heats up, Megan
will come face to face with her worst fear.


My review:

I lucked out an got an ARC copy of this to read from the lovely Lola James. I was hooked right away, the story was so compelling. Megan and Morgan are total polar opposites, but that really works for their relationship. They embark on the summer trip of a lifetime to Italy so Morgan can go to fashion school. They get to meet some long lost relatives, and of course some hunky new guys.

Enter Alex,*sighs* Alex is everything you want in a man. Rich, good looking, caring, I mean really, what more could you ask for? He and Megan are pretty much smitten with each other the second they meet. I'm not going to give anything away, because I hate that when people give away things in reviews. I will say, go and read this as soon as possible!

This book has something for everyone, action, romance, mystery. It's everything you want all rolled into one amazing book. This is the second book I've read by Lola, and it won't be my last.


Excerpt from the book


I should have been studying, but I needed rest more than I needed to understand the Romance era
in Europe. I had no clue why I chose such an intense class for my spring course schedule. It was
tough enough with all of my business courses, and I decided to add that one for fun.

As the sun set to close out an already long week, I reclined on my bed and put my ear buds
in as Katy Perry sang about a teenage dream. It’s ironic that my iPod shuffled to that song since I
hate my dreams, but the melody and Katy’s voice relaxed me enough not to think about them.

The door slammed louder than usual and startled me from my rest; then Morgan, my twin
sister, started yelling.

“Megan, Megan, you home?” Her annoying high-pitched voice sent my name throughout the
house. I exhaled, knowing that my rest was over. I loved Morgan, but sometimes she drove me
crazy, and I knew she would occupy the rest of my evening.

“Here I come,” I grumbled as I sat on the edge of my bed. I stood up, stretched, and started
toward the doorway, then stopped. I could feel someone looking at me. I peered over my
shoulder at the window and the half-opened blinds, then went to shut them. I sighed with relief
as the feeling dissipated.


Purchase links:
Smashwords : http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/145239
Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Design-Paranormal-Romance-Series-ebook/dp/B007OWG93Y/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1332819433&sr=8-13

You need to check out this book, it's really very good. And, while you're at it, check out her other book Bound to Remember as well:) Happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment